Etex is a global building material manufacturer and pioneer in lightweight construction. Etex wants to inspire people around the world to build living spaces that are ever more safe, sustainable, smart and beautiful. Founded in 1905, headquartered in Zaventem, Belgium, Etex is a family-owned company with more than 13,500 employees globally. It operates more than 140 sites in 45 countries and recorded a revenue of EUR 3.0 billion and a REBITDA of EUR 570 million in 2021. Etex fosters a collaborative and caring culture, a pioneering spirit and a passion to always do better for its customers. Etex has five R&D centres supporting five global sales divisions:
• Building Performance: dry construction solutions including plasterboards and fibre cement boards, plasters and formulated products, passive fire protection and associated products.
• Exteriors: a range of aesthetic fibre cement materials for use in agriculture, architectural and residential exteriors.
• Insulation: glass mineral wool and extruded polystyrene (XPS) for thermal and acoustic insulation.
• Industry: fire protection and high-performance insulation products for the construction and OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) industries.
• New Ways: high-tech offsite modular solutions based on wood and steel framing Etex’s global portfolio includes leading commercial brands such as Cedral, Durlock, Equitone, Eternit, Gyplac, Kalsi, Pladur, Promat, Siniat, Superboard and URSA.
Etex is Inspiring Ways of Living, for more information, please visit our website: www.etexgroup.com
It’s very satisfying to be part of URSA, the European company that manufactures and sells products that increase the energy efficiency of buildings, and really to have a positive impact on the future of our planet and our quality of life.
Energy efficiency has never been more important and we need to minimize the impact of climate change by limiting carbon dioxide emissions. We also have to guarantee the energy security of entire countries and regions. More nuclear plants and horizons stuffed with wind-generators cannot be the only future we want. Governments face an enormous challenge, which is also a great opportunity.
When it comes to buildings, which consume 40% of all energy, insulation is the answer. Insulation offers a win-win solution to tackle climate change and energy security. It enables us to renovate Europe’s building stock to the highest possible levels of energy-efficiency and offers a much needed boost to economic growth in the region. Lower energy use also allows us to save money.
URSA invests time and resources and uses state of the art technology to innovate and offer our customers insulation solutions for buildings that work and last. One of the leading insulation companies in Europe, we are your partner for insulation materials and systems from one source. Our core products, glass mineral wool and extruded polystyrene, cover all building applications in the areas of heat insulation and soundproofing. We have a first-class, customized service and a European-wide industrial and commercial footprint which are difficult to match.
Key Facts and Figures
URSA is a leading European insulation manufacturer with its headquarters in the heart of Madrid.
URSA is one of the major insulation manufacturers in Europe with 14 production sites and a strategically dovetailing distribution network.
Our values, the heart of our company culture
Dialogue, openness & appreciation Responsibility & accountability Professionalism